A couple of months ago we were happy to announce the addition of new NFC Tag technology to the Team on the Run service.
Today our post is about popular use cases for this technology in different industries, but first:
What is Team on the Run Near Field Communication (NFC) Technology?
Long and technical story short, Team on the Run uses the built-in NFC technology of your Android smartphone to send an automated message from your device to a central company database when in close contact with an NFC tag (or reader). Team on the Run allows you to create custom messages that fit each use case. The message that is sent could be text or it could change the status of a task in your company’s centralized management system. Team on the Run’s NFC Tag feature harnesses the technology you already have but are not using, and allows you to automate daily processes, streamlining your business activity and saving you resources at a very reasonable price. NFC Tag is a real steal that is included in our most basic package. You can read more about it HERE, otherwise scroll down for some examples of this technology.
Use Case Example 1: Hotel Management
- Inexpensive and tiny sticker NFC tags are placed on the door of every hotel room.
- Maids are provided with Android devices with Team on the Run app pre-loaded on them
- Alert message is customized and linked to hotel Central Management System via open API to change room status from occupied to vacant
- Maids are trained to swipe device over each room on their way out once it has been cleaned
Proven Benefits: 60 min/day time savings per maid, no need to report the room status change to reception as room status change will take place automatically in the system
Use Case Example 2: Night security staff recurring check in
- Inexpensive and tiny sticker NFC tags are placed on the door of every room in a building floor
- Security Guards are provided with Android devices with Team on the Run app pre-loaded on them
- Alert message is customized and linked to business Central Management System via open API to send an alert if security agent has not checked into a room in X minutes with the exact time and location of the last check in
- Security staff are trained to swipe device over each room door as they make their rounds
Proven Benefits: Assurance of proper supervision of your business, quick reaction time in case of break in or other abnormalities.
Use Case Example 3: Fleet Management
- Inexpensive and tiny sticker NFC tags are placed in each vehicle of the company fleet
- Drivers are provided with Android devices with Team on the Run app pre-loaded on them
- Alert message is customized and linked to business Central Management System via open API to connect a specific driver to a specific vehicle
- Drivers are trained to check out a vehicle by swiping their device over the badge at the beginning of their shift
Proven Benefits: check in real time if your vehicles are in use or not, see who is using them and where they are located
Read full press release about Team on the Run Fleet Management Services HERE
It doesn’t matter if you work in the fields we list in the examples above or in others. There are many different ways to use NFC Technology to your advantage! Try out the service for free by subscribing HERE, and leave us your use case examples in the comments section. We love to hear your feedback!
The Team on the Run Team